The Sarcoma Alliance maintains a list of medical centers and hospitals specializing in sarcoma. Because sarcomas are rare, it is important to find physicians who have experience with this disease.
These are the criteria we use for inclusion of sarcoma centers on this list:
- A sarcoma medical group consisting of all specialties, including surgical, orthopedic and medical oncologists; radiologists; pathologists; and oncology nursing as well as rehabilitation services.
- At least one group member who belongs to a sarcoma-oriented medical organization, such as the Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS).
- Publications concerning sarcoma in peer-reviewed journals.
- Sarcoma conferences (e.g. Tumor Board), where sarcoma group members meet at least once per month to discuss patient care issues.
- At least 50 sarcoma patients seen per year.
- MRI imaging available; PET scans desired.
- Patient enrollment in clinical trials.
- Strong support personnel such as social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists.
- Sarcoma support group desired.
Please review the List of Sarcoma Centers.
Many of the sarcoma treatment centers below can also be found on our interactive Map of Sarcoma Centers.