The Sarcoma Alliance relies heavily upon volunteers for all of its programs. We welcome anyone who would like to volunteer their time to improve the lives of people affected by sarcoma through accurate diagnosis, improved access to care, guidance, education and support.
Sign up to Volunteer Now!
These are some examples of volunteer and hosting opportunities:
- Volunteer at one of our fundraising events
- Organize and host your own event
- Start a support group in your area
- Solicit and help organize other volunteers for a local event
- Participate in our Peer-to-Peer network
- If you are an athlete (or want to be) enter a local event and use the event for you and your friends to raise money for the Alliance
- Request our brochure to distribute at a patient resource center at your local hospital
- Help someone in your state navigate the health care system or sarcoma center
- Write your personal story for the website and/or newsletter
- Write an educational article for our website and/or newsletter
- Help to compile stories and edit the biannual newsletter
- Give us ideas for the website, book recommendations or useful links
- Assist in grant writing
to raise awareness and funding for the Sarcoma Alliance
Along with the above examples, we always welcome new, creative ideas for volunteering, and will work with you to create your volunteer experience. Please send us an email at [email protected] or send us a note at the address below if you are interested in helping the sarcoma community:
775 East Blithedale, #334
Mill Valley, CA 94941
phone: (415) 381-7236
fax: (415) 381-7235
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Sarcoma Alliance!