Have you or a loved one received outstanding care from a doctor, nurse, social worker or other health-care provider? The Sarcoma Alliance would like to honor them with its Outstanding Care Award.
Please submit nominating letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarcoma Alliance, 775 E. Blithedale Ave. #334, Mill Valley, CA 94941. Include:
- Your name, address and phone number
- The subtype of sarcoma
- The name of the health-care provider, his or her specialty, and where he or she works
- The year(s) of care
Give specific examples of their care. Qualities that you may want to consider are:
- Do they have up-to-date knowledge and expertise in sarcoma?
- Can they communicate well?
- Do they listen well?
- Do they show compassion, kindness and respect?
- Do they spend sufficient time with the patient or loved ones?
- If a problem arises, can they take charge to ensure needs are met?
Excerpts of nominating letters will be published on this website so that new patients and new health-care providers can see what we value.
Click here to read our news release about the 2012 winners.